WOW! My beautiful little girl is one, can you believe it? This year has been the happiest and most sleep-deprived year of my life! I told Grayson one night after she was asleep from hours of colic-induced crying "It's a good thing we really wanted her or I might have left her at the orphanage tonight." It's amazing how parenthood changes you- I think everyone thought I was going to be a Mrs. Trenchbull mom, but I find myself even more mellow and unable to sweat the small stuff! (Ok- now don't go thinking that I am like a little dear now- I am still a fabulous mix of Irish, Russian& German- can you get a more volitile concoction?)
Anway-here is some Adalei fun facts.
*Adalei loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, no other show will do.
*She can hardly control her excitment around animals (you know Daddy will be forced to get her a puppy one day) When she sees ANY animal she shakes and points and squeals trying to get a better look. We go to the pet store for fun.
*She is the biggest ham, when people talk to her she smiles and laughs and makes them fall in lover with her
*She thinks no matter the size of the hole-she can make it in there
*She is DETERMINED- just try to sidetrack her...seriously, that's all you'll do... try...
*She still doesn't want to hold her bottle, she puts her hands behind her head like she's relaxing
*She can't stay away from water- even if Dad is the one in the tub she wants to splash around
*SHE IS FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT (knock on wood...)
*Books & Stuffed animals are her favorite friends (no more nice shopping)
*She is not a girly-girl; she is willing to give anything a try
Of course I could praise her all day and that would bore you to tears, so here are some pics from her party....yeah, she IS gagging on her cake-she hated it! So sad! And yes- we are all wearing mickey ears...
5 comments:
What a sweet little girl! Happy birthday to her- I cannot believe she is already 1!
I had to laugh at "good thing we really wanted her.... orphanage". Ben cried ALOT and we felt that way, as well. Now he is five, and I miss his little (huge) cries.
Happy birthday Adalei! Doesn't time fly? I think it is pretty funny that she gagged on her cake. I bet she just wants some chocolate! You all look so happy and beautiful.
Love the photos! She really is gorgeous. Lately Elijah has been saying, "I have a mean daddy because he won't let me get a doggie." Ha ha! Try resisting that! (Jim said we can get one if we ever get a fence. Progress, right?)
Happy birthday, beautiful!
Happy Birthday to your darling girl! Glad you guys are enjoying her so much. Sounds like she has a great personality! Hope to meet her one of these days.
I love the pictures!!!! She is too cute!!!!!! I am so glad we got to see you guys when you were here for Christmas! I miss you and wish you were closer :( We love you guys!
Post a Comment